My Dreams & Goals, 2015

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve."
- Napoleon Hill


new year's resolutions hello miss jordan

When I wrote down my list of goals for 2015, it became pretty clear that a fair few were simply dreams; things I would love to happen, but are entirely out of my control. But somebody once told me that if you write down what you want to happen, it can happen. No matter what it is. No matter how strange or unrealistic, if you set your mind to it, all your energies will travel into that one thing in order to make it real. Even if it couldn't happen at the flick of your own switch, but at the flick of someone else's.

This last year has been about finding myself. Finding what I love doing and sticking at it, through thick and thin and making myself proud. Over the years, I have looked up to strangers for advice, for life lessons and for inspiration, but it dawned on me the other day that these people aren't who I need. I'm what I need.

And so, without further ado, here are my goals (or dreams) for 2015. Whether they whither and die or bloom into something beautiful, may they live forever in the presence of you, the reader. 


The italicised ones are the ones I've completed!


1. Write the first draft of my novel. 

2. Hit 1000 Followers on Bloglovin.

3. Meet up with another blogger/attend a blogger meetup.

4. Be shortlisted for a Blog Award - I even WON!

5. Be less pessimistic and stop putting myself down. This is my biggest flaw.

6. Rejoin the gym and get toned up.

7. Work with a brand. This is something I've always wanted to do but has never happened. I'm determined to find out what I'm doing wrong and fix it!

8. Perform flawlessly as Johanna in Sweeney Todd.

9. Be my own role model: the kind of person I would be inspired by.

I know there's not that many, but I think they're all pretty big. I'm really hoping that if I put my mind to it I really can achieve at least one or two of them, even if they are daydreams in my head. I also know that the blog numbers and awards really don't matter, but it would still be lovely to have a blog related achievement this year! 

I've always found it strange that we celebrate New Year. We spend a night toasting to what is essentially just the passing of time; time that passes at the exact same rate as any other day of year. And then I thought; maybe if we didn't celebrate the end of a year, we would forget that time was passing at all, and we would forget to cherish it so much.

Hello Miss Jordan


0 comments