Hair Raising


Believe it or not, I actually can't remember the last time I had my hair cut by a professional hairdresser. I suppose the main reason is because I'm desperate to have hair to my waist and I know how snip happy some hairdressers can be. For the last year, at least, my mama has cut my hair for me by simply trimming the ends and my fringe and I thought that was just fine. 

I seriously have a lot of respect for girls who can do this every month, because I literally had to have my mum tell me how awful my hair looked for me to actually pick up the phone and ring a salon. 


I was recommended Toni & Guy by my mama, for fear of entering a Brighton hairdresser that I had never visited and having them destroy my head. Better the devil you know, right?

As far as hairdressers go, although I suppose it depends on how high you rank haircuts in terms of how much you are willing to spend on them, it's a bit pricey. The cut and blow dry I booked was £45 with a normal stylist, but there are more expensive options if you wish to have "more experienced" hairdressers revamp your do. 


One thing I have to say though, is that the Brighton Toni & Guy is simply gorgeous. It's a huge shop, professionally decked out in grey and white interior. 


When I walked in, this was my hair...


Not fantastic, right? 

But luckily, after a heavenly hair wash (complete with massaging chairs!) and a chat with my stylist, Lucy, we were able to do something with the mess that my hair had become. 


Ta da!


As you can see, I didn't really ask for much different, except to have my normal hairstyle neatened up a bit. I know, I'm adventurous! 



When I left the shop, I was so chuffed with my new hair style...and then of course one blow of a Brighton seafront breeze and it was gone in an instant, and my hair was back to how it was when I walked in. Typical. If only it could look like this when I blow it out!

Lucy was absolutely fantastic and she listened to everything I said! I would definitely recommend her if you're a Brightonian and are looking for a trim! 


0 comments